1. The Grounds of Alexandria, for delicious brunch, sourdough breads and pastries amidst greenery, flowers and a pet pig and parrot. The Grounds of Alexandria is probably my favourite brunch & lunch spot in the world. Only minus, they don`t take reservations, and there is often a bit of a wait in the meantime. Perfect to walk around and take in the scenery.
2. The Boat House at Palm Beach or Shelly beach. The café and it’s relaxing beach-vibe is the epitome of Aussie Brunch culture, mixed with a dash of seafood. Enjoy the beautiful scenery, especially facing the ocean at Palm Beach.
3. Reuben Hills in Surry Hills, has that cute, Aussie, hipster vibe, and their pancake weekly specials, coffee and food is to die for.
4. Bondi Wholefoods. I have to say, the only “charming” one, is the café located near North Bondi beach itself. The origin is often the best. Come here for raw, vegan cakes, and a menu of healthy and tasty ingredients.
5. Newtown Brewtown. Try the delicious cronut (croissant + doughnut), coffees and brunch menu amidst the industrial chic décor.
6. Girdlers in Dee Why. Try the amazing acai bowl, pancakes or poached eggs and avo overlooking stunning Dee Why beach.