1. Visit Jervis Bay. Take the train and then a bus, or rent a car at GoGet. Sleep overnight or go camping for one two two nights. I went camping, and slept at at Hyamns beach, listening to the sounds of the forest while falling asleep. It was magical to wake up to the sunset over the ocean, and five dolphins swimming by. We had the whole beach to ourselves, and it made me want go camping more often. I bought my tent at Woolworth for $ 60.
2. Fly to Melbourne with Tiger Airways. Be sure to visit Great Ocean road, St.Kilda beach at dawn to see penguin. I loved the swimming with sea lions tour! It was my top Melbourne moment. I also took a tour of the Mornington Peninsula. Be sure to visit Cookie rooftop bar and Naked for Satan if you like rooftop bars like me!:)
3. Fly to Gold Coast, and rent a car to spend the weekend in beautiful Byron Bay. Enjoy late brunches, surfing and walks to the lighthouse, where you may be lucky to spot some dolphins at sunrise.
4. Fly to Australia’s “heart” to visit Uluru or Ayers Rock. Learn about the aboriginal culture, and take in the mystical aura of this stunning place. I loved my trip to Uluru. The aboriginal history is fascinating and I enjoyed hiking on and around the different mountains and canyons.
5. Fly to Airlie beach. Visit Whitehaven beach on a two day sailboat trip[ and dive in the start of The Great Barrier Reef. This was my absolute favourite thing I did in Australia.